Wednesday, June 24, 2009

HOW TO MAKE COFFEE

But I am a blasted tree; the bolt has entered my soul; and I felt then that I should survive to exhibit what I shall soon cease to be - a miserable spectacle of wrecked humanity, pitiable to others and intolerable to myself. - Mary Shelley


Oh how could Mary Shelley realise that she etched out the idea that would be the mantra for the generations of the post-modern future. Nietzsche, Freud and a host of others helped lay the foundation of an ideology based upon a mistake. Usurping the intellectuals and the wise for a fast food delivery system spitting out social philosophy. The strong, now lazy, can barely read, figure out how a compass works or why the microwave makes things hot (oooo I smell another rant there!) These are the fools that I see putting hot water in their drip, cone filter, coffee maker!! Makes me want to cry ...

First we shall begin with the most simplest and logical reason as to why not put hot water in the reservoir. Brewing time!!!

Ohhhh yeah! That sweet smell and yummy taste comes from the water slowly dripping through the coffee grinds, grabbing all that flavour and delicious energy giving caffeine and makes its way to your pot sitting on a hot plate. If you put hot water in the reservoir, well then, you don't get brew time. The water shoots through the system and splooges all over your coffee; much like a virgin having sex - time is everything here! If you pour in hot water in your coffee maker, you end up with coloured water. YUCK
Unless you are a cunt hair on acid and you want to stare at the funny looking shades of brown then stop wasting coffee and buy a kaleidoscope. This little knick-knack kept my parent's generation entertained for days on end!

Uh oh .. there's that damned comic book store voice again .. "But I'm saving energy by pouring hot water in first." NO you .... argh ACK!!! You aren't saving anything. The energy is primarily drawn by the hot plate. If you want to make hippy coffee and save the nukes for war rather then electricity, then get one of those coffee makers that don't have a hot plate. Or better yet, a coffee press. That's what I use :) I boil my water in a kettle, the pour in with coarse ground coffee. Let sit. Then press and drink! YUM!!

As my lord and master would say, "Good tasting coffee for ALL!"

No comments: